California State University, Chico | Chico, CA
California Single Subject Preliminary Credential, Visual Arts
University of Hawaii at Manoa | Oahu, Hawaii
Bachelor of Fine Art with a specialization in Fiber Arts
Chico Senior High School | Chico, CA
Long Term Substitute Art Teacher – Digital Arts
January 2021 – Present
- Collaborated with main teacher to implement a curriculum designed to emphasize the creation of digital artworks, the aesthetics of art, the impacts of different mediums, and various job opportunities related to the graphic arts for students in grades 9-12.
- Teaching strategies, assignments, and assessments are modified daily to meet the needs of all students.
- Aided in coordination of Creative Fusion: Annual Student Art Exhibit, an exhibit of secondary students from CUSD shown at the Chico Art Center.
- Aided in coordination of Silver Dollar Fairgrounds: Annual Student Art Exhibit, an exhibit of secondary students from Butte County shown at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico, CA.
Pleasant Valley High School | Chico, CA
Student Art Teacher – Ceramics, Art 1, Art Studio 1, 2, & 3
January 2020 – December 2020
- Assisted cooperating teacher with lessons, classroom management, and student tutoring.
- Implemented a six-week art unit on symbolism and still-life drawing, and a four-week art unit on the history of social political art within Art Studio.
- Integrated SDAIE techniques to assure accessibility of information for all students.
Chico Unified School District | Chico, CA
Substitute Art Teacher – Visual Arts
January 2020 – December 2020
- Demonstrated professional practices in accordance with district philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Maintained a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Assured safety precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Assisted in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and policies.
Build.com | Chico, CA
Inside Sales Representative – Chat Department
July 2015 – December 2018
- Managed professional and residential accounts for my book of business through multiple channels including Live Chat, Email, inbound and outbound calling in a 24/7/365 cross-functional contact center.
- Provided clients with direct project assistance throughout all four major phases of construction: Foundation, Framing, Insulation & Drywall, and Finishing.
- Sourced technical support, product sourcing, shipment logistics, and formal job quotes for bulk pricing and, or mass production projects.
- Worked alongside and lead-assisted two teams of 15-20 inside sales chat representatives within the customer experience and consumer division, bolstering workforce development through the continued use of strong customer service, rep-to-rep coaching, weekly or biweekly peer review sessions and desk shadowing.
Microsoft Office Suite
Google – G Suite Applications
Adobe Suite Applications
Professional Workshops & Trainings
Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP)
- Basic / Advanced / Training for Facilitation (T4F) weekend workshops
- Participant and Co-Facilitator at California High Desert State Prison
- 2016 – Present
Build.com Blueprint Training
- Horizontal Leadership
- Selected Program Participant
- April – June, 2018
Build.com Winter Camp
- Positive vs. Negative Language
- Class Course Assistant Leader
- February 2018